We have a superb opportunity for someone that thrives on manual labour in a factory environment as a Machine Operator.
Our client is thriving and offers a friendly and busy working environment, where you will play a part in making sure the business offers the best service to its customers.
You will be part of the production team, reporting to the Production Manager, you will be doing the following:
- Gaining a full understanding of all the quality procedures related to each finishing Process.
- Getting to know and understand the entire operational requirements of the assigned machine.
- Understanding the required production dates and timings of each campaign.
- If the machine is not running to optimum speed or optimum quality, you will be highlighting the issue to the
Head of Production.
- Working towards achieving zero defects and looking for ways of reducing waste.
- Highlighting any changes that you think could be made to improve efficiencies within the department.
The production departmental responsibilities are to:
- Prepare printed materials to be lasered/ folded/ trimmed or enclosed by reading job instructions to understand all production requirements.
- Set lasering / folding / guillotine / enclosing equipment ensuring you have received the correct job and stock from each department and that you are completing the actions for the job to the correct specification as indicated on the Job
bag/ enclosing sheet
- Ensure lasered/ folded section is put into outer envelope to make sure the barcode sits 2mm above window in envelope.
- Ensure tickets are trimmed to the correct size indicated on the job bag.
- Ensure when enclosing you follow the enclosing sheet and set the machine with the correct stock and get signed off before production commences.
- Achieve production and quality standards by monitoring machine operations, detecting any Malfunctions and deviations, adjusting controls where needed during the run.
- On production of the job you will have continually checked that the folding and trimming quality is up to the required standard that will not impact on the enclosing machines and have reported any problems with stock supplied.
- Ensure that the completed job from each finishing process is delivered to each relevant department in the timescale allowed and that the quality of work is to a high standard.
You will undertake training where necessary and to run, or assist running, other equipment within the department including but not restricted to OCE/Xerox laser printers, Pitney Bowes Enclosing machines, Neopost Enclosing machines & Guillotines.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has a flexible and reliable approach to work
- Ability to work accurately and determine priorities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with other team members and work well as part of a team.
- If required, Flexibility to work within other departments
- Work closely with other members of the wider Production department to ensure efficient workflow
As well as a good salary you will have access to discounts and a benefits portal including company pension, regular social events, on-site parking, a shift allowance and 23 days holiday and bank holidays.
Interviews are currently taking place, so do apply asap.
£18,000 - £22,000 p/a plus benefits
Chippenham - Permanent Contract