I am so very excited to be exclusively supporting this client with their search for their next Financial Accountant.
Just the sort of organisation I would have jumped at in my old finance days!
Lucky for you I will not be your competition as too late for me to brush up on my practical financial skills and I was a management accountant anyway, but what I can do is introduce you to them and support you in securing this role.
This business is secure, well established and in a sector that will never go away, and they are offering a broad position for you to come on board with the team.
As Financial Accountant working in a hybrid model, 2 days home, 3 days in the office, you will:
• maintain General Ledger balance sheet accounts, ensuring they are reconciled monthly
• manage the cash flow forecast and communicate to relevant stakeholders
• manage the Fixed Assets Register
• complete VAT reporting
• proactively identify system and process improvements and opportunities to add value to the business and work to implement change as necessary
• ensure robust internal controls in the business
• support the tax schedule preparation and reporting
• ensure all statutory and regulatory requirements are in place and all required returns are filed appropriately
• assist in the preparation of year-end accounts and statutory accounts
• support Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable as required
• assist with the external audit
So, you want to know what it will take to secure the job:
• CIMA, ACCA or ACA PQ, finalist, or qualified or QBE
• Proven working knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
• Strong reporting and financial accounting experience
• ISO 9001 QMS experience
• Advanced Excel User
• Comprehensive knowledge of working with ERP systems and ability to assimilate new software quickly
• Self-motivated, proactive, deadline-driven and proven ability to work under pressure
• Excellent communication and analytical skills, and the ability to develop strong working relationships
Up to £40,000 p/a is on offer, hybrid working, and company benefits including annual bonus and they are located within 14 miles of Chippenham.
£32,000 to £40,000 p/a plus hybid working
Chippenham - Permanent Contract