Are you a chef, looking to take the next step in your career?
This is the ultimate opportunity to join a prestigious and picturesque client of ours as their new Sous Chef.
Reporting directly to the Head Chef and Executive Chef, you will be 3rd in command of a team, taking part in the organisation of weddings, events, bar and room service.
As Sous Chef, you will responsible in the day to day management and preparation of the kitchen.
You will need to ensure high standards of quality and delivery are maintained at all times and strict food hygiene is followed.
Some of your main responsibilities as Sous Chef can include but not limited to:
• To manage and assist the team in the smooth, safe and efficient running of the kitchen operation.
• To assist in the production of suitable innovative menu designs keeping up with modern trends
• To run the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef
• Producing food to an exceptional standard on a consistent basis
• Ensure Health, hygiene and safety is adhered to at all times and in accordance with our H&S policies
• Liaise with the Technical Services team regarding maintenance and repairs of kitchen equipment
• With the Head Chef, carry out and maintain up to date Risk Assessments for the kitchen areas
• With the Head Chef, manage the menu preparation and pricing in line with the budgeted guidelines and F&B objectives
What our client is looking for in you as a Sous Chef:
• Flexibility to work hours required by the business
• Commitment and mobility
• Innovation, creativity and attention to detail
• A true passion for food!
• Strong kitchen background from within hotel or restaurant preferably at a 5* standard
• Experience at a Senior level within a 3 AA Rosette kitchen
The salary being offered is £34,000 p/a however it is negotiable for the right person.
On top of that, they provide many benefits for their employees including:
- Free meals whilst on shift
- 50% off of F&B & further discounts apply
- 30 days holiday (increasing with length of service)
- Free gym access & where available dedicated classes.
Castle Combe - Permanent Contract