We at Miles Recruitment are excited to bring the hospitality sector a great part-time (30hrs) Canteen Manager position, our client looking for someone with previous managerial experience within hospitality to come in and make this role their own.
As Canteen Manager you will be responsible for the total operation of the canteen at the site, including control and responsibility for planning, staffing, ordering, inventory controls, budgeting, and menu design
More information on your responsibilities:
• Manage all functions of the canteen operations.
• Manage all canteen staff including orientation, training, scheduling and evaluation.
• Placing, receiving, unpacking, storing, inventorying, and the verification of all orders.
• Ensuring appropriate inventory controls are in place to increase profit margins.
• Making sure all daily counts and balances, reviewing invoices for accuracy against deliveries are completed
• Menu preparation for the operation that includes healthy food options and new menu items designed to maximize sales and net profits.
• Responsible to ensure that the canteen area and kitchen are clean and sanitary at all times and that all appliances and machines are cleaned and turned off, as appropriate at the end of the day.
• Maintaining canteen security, inclusive of securing of cash, keys, and admittance of authorized persons only in the serving area.
• Restocking and rotation of stock as required.
• Adhere to proper food handling policies and regulations to prevent spoilage and contamination, as well as occupational health & safety requirements Qualifications.
To excel as Canteen Manager, these are some requirements:
• Pleasant friendly and outgoing individual with excellent interpersonal skills
• Good listening and communication skills
• Organized, motivated self-starter, who anticipates, prepares, and completes assigned or non- assigned tasks on time.
• Ability to handle multiple demands and changing priorities and time pressures.
• Food Hygiene Certificate will be required.
Salary : £14.36 p/h
Melksham - Temporary Contract