Miles Recruitment have an exciting opportunity for a Commis Chef to work at one of the finest hotels in Wiltshire, with picturesque views across the Wiltshire countryside.
The Commis Chef will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Demi and Chef de Partie in the smooth, safe, and efficient running of the kitchen operations, through food services and functions throughout the day.
- Having an understanding of specified food margins, and ensuring these are adhered to and achieved consistently, through close liaison with the Demi / Chef de Partie.
- Understanding of all relevant law and legislation, with regards to food handling, storage, hygiene and health and safety etc.
- Assist with all food preparations as delegated by the senior chefs
- To follow all recipe guidelines and standards as set by senior chefs
- Contributing where possible and assisting in the production of suitable innovative menu designs, for the relevant function and food services at the Hotel, through close liaison with the Chef de Partie.
- Ensuring the quality of the food is of the exceptional standard expected, when dining at our Hotel.
- Assisting the Chef de Partie in monitoring and controlling the quality of commodities used throughout food production.
- Being flexible and accommodating in the provision of catering requirements for hotel guests.
- Ensuring the Chef de Partie is kept aware of any relevant feedback from either the guests or the hotel staff.
The successful Commis Chef will have:
- A true passion for food
- Have the enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Basic kitchen & knife skills
- Have a good understanding of health & safety and food safety guidelines within the kitchen
- Possess a willingness to work to the high standards that are demanded from a luxury establishment
- Innovation, creativity and attention to detail
- Relish the pressure of the kitchen environment
As Commis Chef you are being offered a salary of £11 p/h with additional benefits.
Please call Miles Recruitment on 01249 653898 for more information.
Castle Combe - Permanent Contract